The Three Questions That Will Make You Rich
Every child of God has a glorious financial destiny in Christ. Yet, we must all appreciate the fact that having a great financial destiny in Christ is only one side of the equation, the other side is actualizing it…..and actualizing it would place a demand on your knowledge and understanding of the world of money.
As a Christian, it is expedient for you to study the word of God, pray, fast, and engage yourself in all necessary spiritual exercise. However, you must understand that walking in the reality of your financial destiny would require you know how money is made.
“The labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city.” Ecc 10:15
How Money Is Made
It is no more a secret that the wealthiest people in our world today are entrepreneurs. A quick study of the richest people in every nation of the world would reveal to you that practically every one of them is into one business or another. The number one truth you must embrace in your quest for riches is that the world of wealth belongs to business oriented men and women.
In Brian Sher‘s book, “What the Rich Knows & Desperately Wants to Keep Secret,” he said, “As far as I know, there are only five ways to make money:
1. Steal it or cheat others out of theirs-which is risky and undermines your values.
2. Inherit it.
3. Put what you have in financial investments, which is perfect so long as you have perfect skills- or the right advice- and lots of patience.
4. Work for it, which is both honest and noble-but won’t make you rich without leverage.
5. Go into business-the most effective way if you do your homework and pick the right business.
A well- run business can generate staggering profits and will outperform any other means of gaining wealth.”
Running A Business Is Your Sure Access To Riches
According Sher (business expert), running your own business is the pathway to the world of money. It suffices therefore to say that every wealth seeker must give the idea of running a business a second thought. In J. Paul Getty’s book, “How to Be Rich”, his first rule is that you must be in business for yourself.
The word of God admonishes that you work on your own business.
“…and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.” 1Th 4:11
The keywords in this scripture that I would like you to pay attention to are, “your own business.”
Friend, if you want to be rich, your effort and energy should be channeled into starting and running your own business. Rich people have always known this basic rule of wealth creation. Starting, owning, and running a successful and profitable small business is one of the most exciting things that can create enormous wealth.
Andy Warhol once said, “Making money is art and working is art, and good business is the best art of all,” (The Philosophy of Andy Warhol, Harcourt, 1975).
“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men” Pro 22:29
This scripture says the man who will not stand before mean men, is the man who is diligent in his business; not the man who is diligent in another person’s business. So being diligent in your own business takes you beyond the ordinary level.
Other versions of the Bible say, “they don’t take a back seat to anyone…he shall not stand before obscure men.”
Deciding to go into business for yourself is one of the most important decisions you could make in your life. Doing otherwise in your pursuit of wealth could be very challenging and frustrating.
Please note that deciding to start your own business is only one side of the equation. Your decision to go into the right business is of greater importance. The number one cause of business failure is poor decisions. This begins with making a wrong decision about what business to go into.
There are conditions and criteria that your choice of business must meet. These criteria would increase the probability of your success in the world of business.
According to Steven D. Strauss in his book, The Small Business Bible, “Starting, owning, and running a successful small business is one of the great joys in life. No, there are no guarantees, and yes, there are obstacles. But if you do it right, if you start the right small business—one suited to your strengths, one that you are passionate about, one that epitomizes your highest dreams and values, and certainly one that allows you to make a nice profit—then there is no telling how far it can take you.”
Brian Sher also said going into business is the most effective way to become rich. But he added a clause which you’ll do well to pay attention to…. “If you do your homework and pick the right business”
Please understand that you’re not cut out for every business. There are businesses that don’t fit into your make up. Avoid them.
Business success begins with picking the right business. The question would now be, “How do I know what business is right for me to go into?”
There Is the Right Business For You
In your search for the right business to start; you must first be able to answer the following questions.
1. What are you passionate about? We all know that passion would help you stick to your business idea long enough to win. Nothing great happens overnight. Persistence and perseverance are critical factors of success in every human endeavor. Your passion could be customer service, or selling a particular line of products. Discover it.
2. What is your area of strength? In what field of human endeavor are you, or can you be the best? It is also of equal importance to know what you cannot be the best in. Whoever is interested in starting a business should honestly do an appraisal of what the company realistically can and cannot be the best in. A potential entrepreneur must be able to identify what would be the company’s area of strength.
3. What is your money machine? What is it that can actually generate good revenue for you; a steady cash flow that would ultimately enhance your bottom line in terms of profitability? In the final analysis, every business thrives and succeeds by generating income and making profit. Every intending businessperson must be able to create or determine the income and profit structure of the company.
This exercise would surely increase the probability of your success in the world of business and help you become rich. Your answers to these questions are pointers to what business is right for you.
Indeed, starting and running a business that is right for you, is your sure access to riches.
It’s a new day for you!
To Your Prosperity
Thanks for stopping by and checking out Wealth and Riches! I hope that you are challenged and encouraged by the content.
One of the greatest ways for you to show your appreciation is through your comments on the site. Hearing from you and learning from you is motivation for us to keep going.
Please give this post your thumbs up as you mail it to your friends or share on any of these social networks!
And to share the acts of God in your business and financial life CLICK HERE.